[LLVMdev] Criticism of garbage collection support in LLVM

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sat Jan 17 11:54:07 PST 2009

On Saturday 17 January 2009 19:02:47 Chris Lattner wrote:
> In the end, I consider this to be a yet-another chapter in the
> "functional language people don't like LLVM" saga.

The OCaml Journal has published around 40 articles now. The most popular and
third most popular articles are both about LLVM. So I don't think it is
correct to say that "functional language people don't like LLVM". Indeed, I
thought I was a kook for trying to write a compiler for a functional language
using LLVM until I mentioned it to the OCaml community and half a dozen
people stepped forward with their own alternatives. :-)

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e