[LLVMdev] win32/llvm.sln, win32/clang.sln

Mondada Gabriele g.mondada at etel.ch
Thu Jan 15 08:30:18 PST 2009

> > I just moved to the CMake solution. By the way, the generated libs
> > haven't the same names.
>
> Which ones? The only difference is that we now generate .lib files
> where
> .obj were generated on the past, and require a parameter to be passed
> the linker for including them on the final executable.

I was linking with
VMCore.lib support.lib System.lib Analysis.lib CodeGen.lib Target.lib Transforms.lib
and I'm now linking with
LLVMVMCore.lib LLVMScalarOpts.lib LLVMSelectionDAG.lib LLVMSupport.lib LLVMSystem.lib LLVMAnalysis.lib LLVMCodeGen.lib LLVMTarget.lib LLVMTransformUtils.lib LLVMAsmPrinter.lib

> > In my opinion, we have to choose one way and remove the other one. If
> > it helps, you can put in the win32 directory the result of CMake,
>
> On the release tarball? It seems a good idea (as far as someone
> volunteers to do the work) but someone mentioned on this thread that
> the
> project files generated with CMake contains absolute paths.

Right, I just look inside the .vcproj files generated by CMake and paths are absolute, even by using the command line version of cmake and by specifying relative paths.