[LLVMdev] PIC16 backend for llvm 2.5

Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com
Thu Jan 8 20:23:41 PST 2009

Well, the first email is here.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20081013/068667.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Sands [mailto:baldrick at free.fr]
Sent: Thu 1/8/2009 8:41 PM
To: Sanjiv Kumar Gupta - I00171
Cc: llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: PIC16 backend for llvm 2.5

Hi Sanjiv,

> We are targetting a reasonably functional PIC16 backend for llvm 2.5.
> The only problem in our way is a local patch in ExpandIntegerOperand, which couldn't make its way to trunk so far. The discussion is contained in the following link:
>
>  http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20081103/069593.html
>
> I now have time to take it up again and do whatever rework is required. I saw that you have made some changes  in the legalizer recently; let me know if the same discussion in the above thread still holds good and whether we can start working on it as described therein.

I don't remember what the discussion was about any more.  The link doesn't
contain much.  Anyway, as you may have noticed I changed the definition of
the target hook "ReplaceNodeResults".  Probably the same method, or one
with a similar definition, should be used for custom lowering in the case
of an illegal operand.  Would this solve your problem?

Ciao,

Duncan.