[LLVMdev] Probably FAQ: can you insert BRCONDs during TargetLowering::LowerOperation?

Scott Michel scottm at aero.org
Wed Jan 7 09:21:18 PST 2009

Chris:

It occurred to me this morning that maybe the general solution to
this particular type of problem is a custom/target-dependent DAG
inserter pass, analogous to target lowering and DAG legalization. I'm
not sure if this pass happens before or after legalization. Worth
considering?

I suppose the best way to discuss this is to just write the code.
However, some preliminary discussion is probably worthwhile to make
sure that a target-dependent DAG inserter pass is invoked in the
right place in the existing pass stream.

-scooter