[LLVMdev] Private headers and testing

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:29:22 PST 2009

On 2 Jan 2009, at 22:48, Misha Brukman wrote:

> Let's take lib/Transforms/Utils/CodeExtractor.cpp .  The public
> interface for it is in include/llvm/Transform/Utils/FunctionUtils.h,
> with only the high-level API.

I believe this should be possible to handle within GNU Make. Assuming
that the source file in question is ‘TheTest.cpp’, something like
this should do the trick:
$(ObjDir)/TheTest.o $(ObjDir)/TheTest.lo: \
	CompileCommonOpts += -I$(PROJ_SRC_ROOT)/lib/Transforms/Utils
The specific entry in the GNU Make manual is ‘6.10 Target-specific
Variable Values’. [1] (I used this when trying to decrease the amount
of libraries in LLVM; an example can be seen at [2].)

I hope this helps :)

[1] <http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#Target_002dspecific

[2] <http://www.bitbucket.org/danchr/llvm/src/ab1e5398289e/lib/Target/Makefile#cl-59

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, stud. scient.,
danchr at cs.au.dk, danchr at gmail.com