[LLVMdev] Calling LLVM IRbuilder from the LLVM JIT compiler

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 17:17:50 PST 2009

Gordon Henriksen wrote:
> You propose to write scripts in LLVM IR? To save time?

Umm... Indirectly yes.  We want people to be able to write the action nodes of a PEG parser generator in the language we/they are developing so it will be self-hosting in less time.  Also, we will be writing support routines in C and even C++ so using LLVM IR is the greatest common denominator between all of the front-ends for LLVM combined.

> Don't try to call C++ functions from not-C++. Use the C bindings
instead.

Hmmm... That could complicate matters.  We've written our support routines in C++ but want the methods to be callable from LLVM IR directly.  I guess we'll have to write our own C bindings for our libraries as well.