[LLVMdev] Debug Info Question

Devang Patel dpatel at apple.com
Tue Feb 24 10:08:02 PST 2009

Sachin,

On Feb 24, 2009, at 12:27 AM, Sachin.Punyani at microchip.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to emit the debug information in assembly through assembler
> directives. Also I don’t want to emit debug information in sections
> (like Dwarf). Instead the debug information will be interspersed
> with the assembly. However in LLVM, debug info (e.g. stoppoint) is
> read and made part of the DAG only when DwarfWriter is registered.
>
> How can I emit the debug information in assembly with out using
> DwarfWriter?

We are moving in the direction where DwafWriter won't be required
while building DAG. The work is in progress to annotate machine
instructions (DebugLoc etc..) with debugging information which can be
directly interpreted by an asm printer. DwarfWriter will become dumb
asm printer which will work directly based on incoming machine
instruction stream.

-
Devang