[LLVMdev] Using lli

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Feb 23 13:08:38 PST 2009

I'm about to foray into my first serious use of lli.

I'd like to be able to take the bitcode produced at various points by our
compiler and execute it to check for bugs.

The big question for me is around libraries.  To execute tests I will ned to
link the JITed code to precompiled libraries.  Looking at the lli
documentation, I don't see any specific flags to handle that.  Did I miss
something?

I guess my other option is to use llc and invoke the assembler and linker
manually.  Perhaps lli is not meant for the kind of thing I'm trying to do.

                                                -Dave