[LLVMdev] Creating an LLVM backend for a very small stack machine

Wesley J. Landaker wjl at icecavern.net
Mon Feb 23 08:00:28 PST 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 03:23:59 Mark Shannon wrote:
> I've done quite a lot of work on register allocation for stack machines.
> You might want to look at my papers:
> http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~marks/euroforth.pdf
> http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~marks/thesis.pdf

Hi Mark,

I've read your papers, and in fact they were part of the data that convinced
me that I really could go with a stack machine for the work I'm doing. I'm
planning on implementing register allocation based partially on your paper.

Actually, I was wondering if any of your lcc implementation work was
publicly available.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl at icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl at icecavern.net>