[LLVMdev] 2.5 Pre-release2 available for testing

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 18:56:35 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
> wrote:

>  On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Tanya Lattner <tonic at nondot.org> wrote:
>
>>  LLVMers,
>>
>> The 2.5 pre-release2 is finally available for testing:
>> http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.5/
>>
>> If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release.
>> Please do the following:
>>
>> 1) Download/compile llvm source, and either compile llvm-gcc source or use
>> llvm-gcc binary *(please compile llvm-gcc with fortran if you can).*
>> 2) Run make check, send me the testrun.log
>> 3) Run "make TEST=nightly report" and send me the report.nightly.txt
>> 4) Please provide details on what platform you compiled LLVM on, how you
>> built LLMV (src == obj, or src != obj), gcc version, and if you compiled
>> llvm-gcc with support for fortran. The more details, the better.
>>

> Cygwin with GCC 3.4.4 is failing llvm-gcc-4.2-2.5 with :-
>
>     cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-variadic-macros"
>
> Is anyone testing Cygwin with GCC 4.2 or 4.4 ?

I hacked "-Wno-variadic-macros" bug but llvm-gcc is hanging on GCC 3.4.4
Cygwin later on first bootstrap pass in configure when "checking executable
suffix", presumably this is the first self call.

On the face of it, it looks like it may be a tough one to debug, dont know
if GCC 3.4.4 Cygwin will make it to 2.5 release.

I'll try with GCC 4.2 on Cygwin tommorow, unless anyone else is covering it.

Aaron