[LLVMdev] CallingConv

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Thu Feb 5 08:40:26 PST 2009

Currently with my understanding of using callingconv.td I still need to
lower three functions, FORMAL_ARGUMENTS, CALL, and RET. Is there any
known way to have LLVM automagically generate code from tablegen without
having to custom lower these functions? The reasoning for this is that
all registers are virtual in my backend and I have specified for llvm to
use it's generic dynamic stack allocation. So if I can give llvm a list
of registers to use, it should be able to handle these functions for me,
correct?

Is this possible, or am I wanting to much?

Thanks,

Micah Villmow

Systems Engineer

Advanced Technology & Performance