[LLVMdev] GEPping GEPs and first-class structs

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sun Feb 1 05:38:24 PST 2009

As I understand it, first-class structs will allow structs to be passed as
function arguments and returned as results (i.e. multiple return values)
instead of passing pointers to structs. However, the GEP instruction only
handles pointer types. So I do not understand how you will be able to extract
the fields of a struct when it is received as a value type.

Will the GEP instruction be altered so that it can be applied to structs
directly?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e