[LLVMdev] "Graphite" for llvm

Albert Cohen Albert.Cohen at inria.fr
Tue Dec 29 04:12:10 PST 2009

Tobias Grosser wrote:
> The way to go is the scoplib format (propably extended by quantified
> variables). This format could be extracted from graphite easily and
> could also be created in LLVM.
> What we need to get back into LLVM is only the new optimized schedule
> described e.g. as cloog like scattering functions. These can be parsed
> easily. The real code generation could be done internally, so it is not
> necessary to parse the generated from external tools.

By the way, Konrad Trifunovic is interested (for his own research) to
improve on the current read/write capabilities of Graphite to process
the full scoplib format instead. Dealing with iteration domain and
schedule/scattering is easy, but to process array subscripts will
require more work. We will keep you informed of the progresses on the
Graphite mailing list, but collaboration outside the Graphities is welcome.

Albert