[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling LLVM on Mac OS X

Rob Rix rob at monochromeindustries.com
Mon Dec 21 14:12:54 PST 2009

(My apologies for the double e-mail, Eric; I neglected to reply to the list.)

>> configure: error: Already configured in /Users/rob/Developer/External/llvm-trunk
>> make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>> make: *** [cross-compile-build-tools] Error 1
>
> You're going to need multiple configures and multiple build directories to do it that way. You may want to try just setting your CXXFLAGS to "-arch i386 -arch ppc -arch x86_64" or something.

I’m actually doing that presently with CFLAGS, but hadn’t considered the necessity of doing it with CXXFLAGS as well. Thank you!

> Out of curiosity, why are you trying to build ToT 3-way FAT for OSX? It's already built like that on the system.

I wasn’t aware of that. Are you referring to libLLVMCore.a & friends, or LLVM GCC? I wasn’t able to find the libraries in question in /usr/lib, /Developer, /System, or anywhere else I looked and searched. I am building a universal framework which needs to embed these libraries.

Thanks very much,
Rob

--
Rob Rix, Unknown Quantity