[LLVMdev] Help adding the Bullet physics sdk benchmark to the LLVM test suite?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Sat Dec 19 12:13:26 PST 2009

Hello, Erwin

> If you are interested, I think it is best to start with Bullet 2.75.
> If it turns out that LLVM requires some modifications (due to current C++
> limitations),
> we can modify Bullet and go for an uncoming release such as Bullet 2.76
> (planned around January 2010).
I added bullet to LLVM testsuite. Basically I had to flatten source
directories since this is a current requirement of the llvm testsuite
harness.
Some include paths tweaks were required due to this. Also, I disabled
the time reports, since otherwise we cannot compare the outputs.

bullet appeared to be ~20% slower for me compared to gcc 4.2.4, so,
definitely something should be worked on :)

One questions though: is it possible to "verify" the results of all
the computations somehow? We need to care not only about speed, but
about correctness too :)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov