[LLVMdev] Compiler driver

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Dec 18 03:33:39 PST 2009

Hello, Everyone

>> What's the difference between 'clang' and a custom driver built
>> using 'llvmc'?
> The clang driver is developed separately from llvmc.
Just to make things more clear: clang driver is intended to be
bug-per-bug compatible with gcc with all crazy different ways of
declaring options, redefining them, etc.

llvmc aims in providing "clean" compiler driver in the case when your
tools have more or less regular and sane option set and you just need
to schedule and driver them in proper direction. I believe using
llvmc2 for clang driver in theory is possible, but definitely does not
worth so.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov