[LLVMdev] LLVM MinGW binaries on Vista issue

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Wed Dec 16 11:00:35 PST 2009

On Dec 16, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Jon wrote:

>> Just in case it's not clear, the svn for that page is part of the
>> llvmCore project. Specifically,
>>
>> https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/docs/GettingStarted.html
>>
>> Thanks for offering to help with the documentation. Making things
>> clearer for new users is always a good thing.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Jim
>
> If I do a sparse checkout like
>
>> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm-trunk --
>> depth empty
>> cd llvm-trunk
>> svn up --depth files docs
>
> and send you mods via an "svn diff" as an attachment using GTK+
> based http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/ will that work?

I'm not very familiar with that tool, but if it's using "svn diff" to
generate the patch, I have no reason to believe it won't work just
fine. If for some reason there's issues, we can always talk it through
then and figure out an alternative. Just generate the patch file and
send it to the list as an attachment (not inline in the message) and
things should work OK.

> Note the doc/* files came in to my local repo as CRLF based.  I'm
> guessing their LF on your systems.
>
> Anything special I need to do for edit/diffing for the patch so you
> don't have to deal with EOL nonsense?

Most folks are on a *nix type system, with OSX and Linux being the
most common, I think. svn generally handles the EOL conversions
transparently, so it's not something I tend to notice much. I don't
think there's anything special you'll need to do in that regard when
preparing a patch. Worst case, a quick run of it through dos2unix or
equivalent should clear up any problems with that. I'm sure if there's
some magic invocation that simplifies things, Anton or another of our
more Windows savvy folks will speak up and let us know.

Regards,
    -Jim