[LLVMdev] LLVM MinGW binaries on Vista issue

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Wed Dec 16 08:42:51 PST 2009

On Dec 16, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Jon
>
>> What threw me was the projects inclusion of 2 of the 3 other pieces
>> that make up a typical manual install of mingw or http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/
>>   I saw the runtime and w32api stuff in my very quick scan of the
>> llvm-gcc dir and didn't bother to confirm binutils :(
> Well, binutils are quite different:
> 1. It's GPL-licensed, thus we need to provide sources as well, which
> is bit inconvenient
> 2. You need to have headers & libs in predefined dirs to let gcc /
> llvm-gcc pick them w/o any additional options, this is not case of
> binutils - you just need stuff in path
>
>> Take me up on my offer to submit a doc patch...point me to the
>> proper html source and I'll send you a diff for review.
> Just grab the GettingStarted.html page, seems to be pretty
> convenient place.

Hi Jon,

Just in case it's not clear, the svn for that page is part of the
llvmCore project. Specifically,

https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/docs/GettingStarted.html

Thanks for offering to help with the documentation. Making things
clearer for new users is always a good thing.

Regards,
   Jim