[LLVMdev] Help adding the Bullet physics sdk benchmark to the LLVM test suite?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Dec 15 16:53:13 PST 2009

Hello, Erwin

> Although most of this is plain portable C++ perhaps LLVM can auto-vectorize
> some of this?
Well, I doubt so, unfortunately - LLVM does not have any autopar these days

> There is a little bit of hand optimized x86 SSE code. This is only enabled
> on 32bit Windows and Mac OSX Intel builds.
Ok. What's about Linux builds? Are there any other implementations
e.g. altivec / NEON ?

> You could take Bullet/Demos/Benchmarks as a starting point, and modify it so
> it fits the LLVM test suite?
Ok, will do.

> What hardware/platforms does the LLVM test suite run on typically?
So far 32 and 64 bit Linux and MacOS, 32-bit ppc/darwin. Also, there
is special "small" mode mainly designed for stuff like ARM.
It will be nice (in theory) to have some NEON/VFP code, since the
testsuite currently lacks any beanchmark for this.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov