[LLVMdev] LLVM MinGW binaries on Vista issue

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:33:18 PST 2009

> I'm attempting to use the above as described here
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1816469/llvm-mingw-installation-on-vista
>
> ...and getting the following error when attempting "llvm-gcc -o hello.exe hello.c"
>
> llvm-gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

I also get the same issue when trying to run the LLVM MinGW binaries on an XP box, which indicates I'm doing something fundamentally wrong as binaries have been offered all the way back to LLVM 1.8.

Is anyone successfully running the 2.6 binaries as-is on any windows box?

Is the expectation that the install dance for windows should be similar to installing the binaries from http://mingw.org/ or http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/

If someone is successfully running these binaries, I'd appreciate a link or quick summary, and I'll volunteer to submit a doco patch for the Getting Started Guide for this issue.

Jon