[LLVMdev] Problem running 2.6 test-suite on cygwin

Gregory Petrosyan gregory.petrosyan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 05:45:14 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Gregory Petrosyan
<gregory.petrosyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Anton Korobeynikov
> <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
>>> LLVM tools and LLVM-GCC I've built seem to work.
>>> Can it be due to LLVM_SRC_ROOT == LLVM_OBJ_ROOT?
>> No. This is usually due to absence of llvm-gcc. You need reconfigure
>> llvm once again with lvm-gcc path added and make sure it was hooked
>> properly (look into Makefile.config for paths, etc).

I forgot to add: I have done roughly the following:

1) configure llvm with --enable-optimitzed --enable-targets=x86
2) build llvm with "make tools-only"
3) installed llvm
4) configured llvm-gcc
5) build llvm-gcc
6) installed llvm-gcc

Sidenote: after this step, all of LLVM tools and LLVM-GCC are in the
PATH, and they appear to work: I can compile, link, optimize,
disassemble, etc.

7) re-configured llvm (without --with-llvmgccdir, because llvm-gcc is
in the PATH)
8) build llvm
9) try to "make" the test-suite

Have I missed anything?

LLVM, LLVM-GCC and test-suite are all from 2.6 svn branch.

                Gregory