[LLVMdev] PR 5723

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Dec 9 12:10:24 PST 2009

> Is there a reason that route was taken in TOT?  Why have an SDNode represent
> a bunch of instructions rather than just "properly" creating them?
Yes. We need to be sure that "special" code is glued properly to the
call (mostly due to presence of post-RA scheduler). And technically
this "bunch of instructions" is a whole, not something + call.

> Well, we shouldn't be using the redzone because any function that uses
> TLS is not a leaf (at least on X86).  Simply marking the function "noredzone"
> seems like a bit of a hack to me.  How do we guarantee some other piece of
> code that thinks the function is a leaf won't do something else to screw
> things up?
As I said, this is temporary workaround until I will commit a fix
(just in the case if you're in hurry).

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov