[LLVMdev] Rebuilding LLVM libraries with LLVM-GCC on Windows

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 10:11:51 PST 2009

Hello again,

In order to avoid the set jump/long jump dependency of DLLs built under Visual C++, we're trying to build the libraries and tools under LLVM-GCC so it will use DWARF exception handling instead of SJ/LJ.  The problem we're running into is that the libraries that we just finished creating cannot be found later in the build process when OPT tries to build.  My partner has MinGW and MSYS installed on his system and we're trying to build version 2.5 of LLVM using CMake.  Can anybody make recommendations on how to get this to work?

The basic reason we're doing this rather than taking the easy way out with MinGW's implementation of G++ for linking is that we want to be able to create a build script that can be called from an installer.  The LLC command, the libraries it calls, the GAS assembler and LD linker and any other parts of the Binutils package used should be the only requirements for the solution.  The bitcode we are trying to compile has already been linked by llvm-link but contains code that is written in C++.

--Sam Crow