[LLVMdev] Documentation of malloc/free

Florian Merz Florian.Merz at kit.edu
Mon Dec 7 02:13:44 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

I noticed that MallocInst and FreeInst have been removed from the LLVM IR as
well as the language reference[1]. May I propose that at least some
placeholder is left in that document telling the reader that these
instructions have been removed. This should be kept in at least until there is
one official release that does not support these instructions anymore.
The same goes for the addition of the indirect branch instruction. A note in
the language reference would be nice telling the reader when this instruction
has been added to the language.

Regards,
 Florian

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Forschungsgruppe Verifikation trifft Algorithmik

Dipl.-Inf. Florian Merz
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Am Fasanengarten 5
76131 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 608-7318
florian.merz at kit.edu
http://verialg.iti.uni-karlsruhe.de/

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
nationales Großforschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft