[LLVMdev] Possible bug in ExpandShiftWithUnknownAmountBit

Javier Martinez javier at jmartinez.org
Fri Dec 4 13:59:42 PST 2009

Hi Duncan,

I don't know if the optimization would help us much. Our architecture
performs integer shifts and subtractions at the same speed. I think the
optimization is limited to the case where NVBits is a power of two. That is
the case for all current value types but there's a separate thread where
someone is proposing adding i20 as a native type.

In your previous email you mentioned some comments added to check-in 90564.
In our architecture shifting by 0 doesn't cause any problems but the
comment might be valid for others.

Thanks,
Javier