[LLVMdev] thumb2 folding of constant addresses unhelpful

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Tue Dec 1 14:57:06 PST 2009

Right. I am aware of this problem but am not sure about what to do about it. It's common for a number 32-bit immediates in the same block with the same lower or higher 16-bit. Since the immediates will not be split until late in codegen, the target independent optimizer will not CSE them.

Please file a bug, I need to think about a proper solution.

Evan