[LLVMdev] accessing a bitcode library exported from C++ using the JIT

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:47:05 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Samuel Crow<samuraileumas at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you're wondering why we're doing an interpreted PEG parser generator rather than Boost Spirit 2.x, it's because we need it to be easier to debug the parser.  Once the parser is debugged it can be fed into a compiled parser generator and "frozen" into stand-alone parser code.

You do know that Spirit2.1 has very nice debugging facilities,
everything from error handlers so you can handle parsing failures to
getting detailed info reports on the entire processing process (of
which you can do something like dump it to cout or something and you
get this nice tree of everything that is tried, what passes, what
fails, etc...).  It is exceedingly detailed, so I am not sure what
your homegrown one would have over it, if you have an example then I
could add that functionality to Boost.Spirit2.1.