[LLVMdev] 2.6 pre-release1 ready for testing

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Sun Aug 30 22:50:34 PDT 2009

LLVMers,

2.6 pre-release1 is ready to be tested by the community.
http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.6/

You will notice that we have quite a few pre-compiled binaries (of
both clang and llvm-gcc). We have identified several bugs that will be
fixed in pre-release2, so please search the bug database before filing
a new bug.

If you have time, I'd appreciate anyone who can help test the release.

To test llvm-gcc:

1) Compile llvm from source and untar the llvm-test in the projects
directory (name it llvm-test or test-suite). Choose to use a pre-
compiled llvm-gcc or re-compile it yourself.
2) Run make check, report any failures (FAIL or unexpected pass). Note
that you need to reconfigure llvm with llvm-gcc in your path or with --
with-llvmgccdir
3) Run "make TEST=nightly report" and send me the report.nightly.txt

To test clang:
1) Compile llvm and clang from source.
2) Run make check for llvm.
3) Run make  -C tools/clang-2.6 test VERBOSE=1 (report any failures or
unexpected passes)

When reporting your results, please provide details on what platform
you compiled on, and how
you built LLVM (src == obj, or src != obj), clang, and/or llvm-gcc.

Please COMPLETE ALL TESTING BY end of the day on Sept. 5th!

Thanks,
Tanya Lattner