[LLVMdev] andersen's alias analysis

Luke Dalessandro luked at cs.rochester.edu
Thu Aug 27 11:24:42 PDT 2009

Max Stonebraker wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Would you happen to know whether there a global alias analysis written
> for LLVM that is more robust? Is the Steensgaard pass any more reliable?

I don't know anything about the LLVM Steensgaard status, but you could
try the DSA analysis included with the poolalloc project.

   svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/poolalloc/trunk

It's fast and might be good enough for what you want to do. The
poolalloc trunk varies independently from the llvm trunk, and I'm not
sure what the current version of it is, though John Criswall sent a
message yesterday about interoperability with the current llvm 2.6 branch.

Hope this helps,

Luke