[LLVMdev] Ada bindings side notes.

Edward O'Callaghan eocallaghan at auroraux.org
Wed Aug 26 10:42:11 PDT 2009

Good day Duncan,

2009/8/26 Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr>:
> Hi Edward,
>
>> Initial Ada bindings have been introduced for the LLVM 2.6 release.
>> Unfortunately no one was able/had time to help me better integrate it
>> into the LLVM build system. Thus, It has been left with a GPR Ada
>> project file for building the bindings, anyone using the Ada bindings
>> will know what this is and how to handle it.
>
> does this mean the bindings only work with the GNAT Ada compiler?

No, It just means we need a Makefile written. So I left the GPR file
there for the moment.

>> However, in future as these bindings improve/progress. We should make
>> it dead easy for them to build with all the test cases and what not.
>> Attached is my attempt at doing the autohell side of things, with my
>> limited understanding of autohell. The other half (hand written
>> Makefile), I need help with.
>> So, the above patch goes with that when its done in future releases.
>
> It looks sane to me.  That said, I don't know much about autostuff.

Sure, However, I did not apply this yet, as, if it finds gnatmake it
will break the build trying to build a non-existent Makefile. Hence it
being archived on this mail until the other half of the job is done.

> Ciao,
>
> Duncan.

Cheers,
Edward.