[LLVMdev] std::cout << *MyModule does not work anymore

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Aug 24 17:40:44 PDT 2009

It seems that support for dumping text representation of LLVM objects to
standard channels and C++ output streams was removed. My guess is that
now we must use errs() instead of std::cerr, llvm::raw_fd_ostream
instead of std::ofstream, etc.

The changes are not trivial, as for instance llvm::raw_fd_ostream
without flags fails if the file exists, but std::ofstream does not. The
changes include using new names for flags that already exist on the
standard namespace (F_Force instead of O_TRUNC, etc).

Is all this an unintended change or an intentional one, and if the
later, could you direct me to something that explains what we gain on
exchange of this restriction?

--
Óscar