[LLVMdev] asmwriting times (was Re: LLVMContext: Suggestions for API Changes)

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Mon Aug 24 16:39:11 PDT 2009

Jim Grosbach wrote:
> There's the llvm disassembler (llvm-dis), which works nicely. Albert,
> would that work for you? Might be a way to get a bit more performance
> with a mild convenience cost (needing to run the disassembler in order
> to examine IR) during debugging.

Well, now that the performance bug in my code is solved, the speed of
assembler generation is fine with me. Most Pure users don't do this
anyway, either they just run their scripts in the interpreter or compile
them to an executable or object file. For the latter, bitcode would
indeed make things faster. As I said, I'm probably going to add that
some time, but I'm still procrastinating so that maybe I wake up one day
and find that the .o writer is already finished, so I can just use that
instead. ;-)

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag