[LLVMdev] Regular Expression lib support

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:01:15 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Sebastian
Redl<sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at> wrote:
> OvermindDL1 wrote:
>> Again, why not Spirit2.1, works just fine on C++98, and it is fast,
>> and it is split up into the smallest bits so you only include what you
>> use, and the assembly it compiles into is *very* tiny, far far less
>> then any regex library could possibly be.
>>

> Spirit is not an option for one simple reason: FileCheck needs to parse
> regexes from its instruction comments at runtime and execute them. It
> has no idea, at compile time, what these regexes will be.

Ah, did not know it required dynamic generation, I talked about
dynamic/static in a previous email but no one stated which was needed
and no one ever clarified over the course of my messages, does no one
else know this either?
In that case, I would recommend xpressive, it is the faster between it
and regex.