[LLVMdev] Regular Expression lib support

Thomas Neumann tneumann at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 23 18:06:43 PDT 2009

Daniel Dunbar wrote:
> This is too heavy, and we don't need the extra features, and regexec
> is well tested and much more standard. Unless there is an overwhelming
actually, Boost is much more standard. IIRC the Boost library corresponds to
tr1::regex (or std::regex in C++0x), which has the incredible advantage of
being available on all standard conforming C++ compilers. Admittedly the C++
compiler has to be fairly new to support this, but you can use Boost as a
drop-in replacement until the compiler supports it on its own.

Thomas