[LLVMdev] configure/cmake help :)

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Sun Aug 23 17:58:55 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Óscar Fuentes<ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
> Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> writes:
>
>> 1. Config/Alloca.h is now dead.  Once configure and cmake support is
>> removed, we can zap it.  Can someone remove the cmake/autoconf stuff
>> that pokes at Config/Alloca.h?
>
> AFAIK, there is nothing specific for include/llvm/Config/alloca.h on the
> cmake build and it works fine after removing the file (checked on Linux
> x86_64).

Likewise, there is no autoconf magic for this. I killed it.

>> 2. Daniel's regex email.  I think the right answer is to just
>> autodetect whether regcomp/regexec etc are available (his #2).  Could
>> someone add support to autoconf/cmake to detect whether the platform
>> already supports these?
>
> As I have no idea about what headers or functions have to need detected,
> after the changes are installed on the configure build I'll replicate
> them on the cmake build.

Ok. I'm trying to decide where the cleanest place to slot the lib in
so it can conditionally be part of Support. I'm thinking of something
like putting it in lib/Support/Regex, which would only be part of the
build if needed, and would compile to LLVMSupportRegex which
llvm-config would know to add to the link line. Chris, does this seem
ok?

 - Daniel