[LLVMdev] LLVMContext: Suggestions for API Changes

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Sun Aug 23 16:29:18 PDT 2009

Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> See Owen's email about docs for the 2.6 release, but it's really not
> that hard to keep up with trunk. I recently merged trunk LLVM into
> Unladen Swallow, and the changes I needed to make are at
> http://code.google.com/p/unladen-swallow/source/detail?r=724.

Thanks Jeffrey, that was really very helpful! I have Pure working with
both the LLVM 2.6 release branch and the trunk now.

One thing I noticed is that writing LLVM assembler code (print()
methods) seems to be horribly slow now (some 4-5 times slower than in
LLVM 2.5). This is a real bummer for me, since Pure's batch compiler
uses those methods to produce output code which then gets fed into llvmc.

Is this a known problem? Will it be fixed until the 2.6 release?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag