[LLVMdev] PR4174

Jakub Staszak kuba at gcc.gnu.org
Fri Aug 21 15:36:58 PDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 7:31 PM, Eli Friedman wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Jakub Staszak<kuba at gcc.gnu.org>
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This patch fixes PR4174. Two test-cases included: original one from
>> bugzilla
>> and a little bit complicated made be myself.
>
> I think you want isSafeToSpeculativelyExecute rather than
> mayHaveSideEffects.  Otherwise, looks fine.

With isSafeToSpeculativelyExecute "make check" fails on some tests, i.e:
test/Transforms/LoopIndexSplit/SaveLastValue-2007-08-17.ll
because of PHI (isSafeToSpeculativelyExecute == false).

>> It seems that LoopIndexSplit doesn't handle some cases, I'll try to
>> send
>> some patch this week.
>
> You mean like PR3913?  Or are you referring to something else?

3913 is a bug. I meant some other cases to optimize. However I'll try
to look at it as well.

Regards
--
Jakub Staszak