[LLVMdev] LLVM asserts

David Greene dag at cray.com
Wed Aug 19 16:05:57 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 19 August 2009 18:01, Chris Lattner wrote:

> > It's not about recovery, it's about message reporting.  Right now
> > the LLVM
> > abort messages are formatted completely differently than aborts from
> > other
> > parts of our compiler.  That's not friendly to users.
>
> This is what ErrorReporting.h is all about.

But asserts and aborts don't go through that, right?  What's needed is
a way to get those assert and abort messages out to other compiler
components so they have a chance to report them nicely to the user.

Again, it's not a critical issue right now, just one I've thought about
from time to time.

                                 -Dave