[LLVMdev] llc undefined symbol

Michael Graumann MichaelGraumann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 11 08:23:21 PDT 2009

Hi all

I'm writing a pass for the llc tool. If I try to load my pass(llc -load
../mypass.so), this error message appears  :

Error opening '/nfs/wsi/ti/graumann/llvm-2.5/Release/lib/LLVMMicha.so':
/nfs/wsi/ti/graumann/llvm-2.5/Release/lib/LLVMMicha.so: undefined symbol:
_ZTVN12_GLOBAL__N_119MyRegisterAllocatorE

  -load request ignored.

Is this code wrong for the pass registration, or the makefile?

Thank you for help

                Michael

Code of my pass:

using namespace llvm;

 namespace {

                struct MyRegisterAllocator : public MachineFunctionPass {

static char ID; // Pass identification, replacement for typeid

                MyRegisterAllocator() : MachineFunctionPass(&ID) {}

virtual bool runOnMachineFunction(MachineFunction &MF);

                };

char MyRegisterAllocator::ID = 0;

}

static  RegisterPass<MyRegisterAllocator>X("myregalloc",

   "  my register allocator help string");

FunctionPass* createMyRegisterAllocator() {

    return new MyRegisterAllocator();

  }

static RegisterRegAlloc MyRegAlloc("myregalloc",

    "  my register allocator help string",

    createMyRegisterAllocator);

the makefile:

LEVEL = ../../..

LIBRARYNAME = LLVMMicha

LOADABLE_MODULE = 1

USEDLIBS =

#LLVMLIBS = LLVMCore.a LLVMSupport.a LLVMSystem.a

LINK_COMPONENTS = support system

include $(LEVEL)/Makefile.common