[LLVMdev] Initial cut at a instruction raising patch

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Sat Aug 8 11:48:42 PDT 2009

Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2009, at 8:37 AM, Richard Pennington wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This patch raises selected instructions to function calls. I've dome
>> some preliminary testing and I works:
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you want this?

I do bitcode linking of a whole program, including the soft-float and
other support routines that a processor needs. During IPO, the unused
support functions are removed and are gone by the time code generation
happens.

I'd like to run this pass to insure that the functions are referenced
properly.

Ideally I'd like to run this pass after inlining and folding, etc. But
it seems to work OK if I run it about the same time internalize is run.

-Rich