[LLVMdev] i128 backend or frontend lowering

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Thu Aug 6 12:34:02 PDT 2009

Hello, Andrew

> Is the backend the best place to do this or should I attempt to make
> llvm-gcc not generate i128 in the first place?
It depends whether i128 is a native type for alpha, or not. If it's
not - frontend should not generate it. If it's native type then it
might be useful just to declare new regclass with virtual 'wide'
registers consist of register pairs and then just handle i128 as a
type for such register pairs.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov