[LLVMdev] ACATS

Bob Duff duff at adacore.com
Wed Aug 5 10:36:42 PDT 2009

Andr? Tavares wrote:

> Thanks for the link Duff.

You're welcome.

> I downloaded ACATS, but could not run it on LLVM. Could not find any
> instructions that could lead me to do so. Do you know how can do it?

Compiler vendors are expected to write their own scripts,
which is not a trivial task.

The "B Tests" have deliberate errors, marked with "-- ERROR:" comments.
The compiler should generate error messages for those, and you have
to check by hand (!) that they are correct.  Having done so once,
you can automate the process by diff-ing the listings or whatever.

The "C Tests" are supposed to be compiled and run, and they print something
like:

There are a few other categories of tests.

Some tests have to be modified by hand (e.g. stick in the maximum integer value
supported by your compiler).

All this stuff is documented, but as far as I know, the ACATS web site does not
contain any scripts that do all this automatically.  There's documentation
on all the rules and regulations about what it means to "pass", and which
tests are optional, and so on.

Are you able to compile and run a few tests by hand?

- Bob