[LLVMdev] Mirroring of LLVM repository

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Mon Aug 3 12:09:59 PDT 2009

Dear All,

Currently the load of llvm.org is too high. This influences the whole
project services like buildbots, bugzilla, etc. It was found that this
workload is possible caused by massive mirroring of LLVM SVN
repository into git/hg/whatever. Please don't do that :)

1. Usually one don't need full history, this makes the mirroring much
easier and faster (do you *really* need r5000? I guess - no)
2. There are some git mirrors already, which can be used for
'bootstrapping' git-svn - you can really save a lot of resources using
them. They might be not so up-to-date (often they are updated daily
during late night hours for US people), but as I already mentioned -
you will have bunch of information already imported.

These mirrors are:
Main LLVM repository (starting from r40000): git://repo.or.cz/llvm.git
(see http://repo.or.cz/w/llvm.git for more information)
llvm-gcc repository (starting from r40000):
git://repo.or.cz/llvm-gcc-4.2.git
(http://repo.or.cz/w/llvm-gcc-4.2.git for more information)
clang repository (starting from r40000): git://repo.or.cz/clang.git
(http://repo.or.cz/w/clang.git for more information)

As a bonus - you'll have 'normal' names / e-mails of committers from
that mirrors.

Please think twice if you will need to mirror the stuff directly from
the main LLVM SVN repository. Basically you'll preventing people from
getting real work done (since people can't update and takes forever).

Thank you for you patience and understanding!

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov