[LLVMdev] Assertion `ResultPass && "getAnalysis*() called on an analysis that was not " "'required' by pass!"' failed.

Joseph Blomstedt Joseph.Blomstedt at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 30 13:52:40 PDT 2009

I ran into this problem when B would call getAnalysis<A> on an
external function, ie. a declaration rather than a definition in LLVM
terms. If you're iterating over the functions within a module, try
skipping functions for which isDeclaration() returns true. From what I
can gather, the strange error message results from the fact that
function analysis called from modules are generated on the fly, but a
function analysis cannot be performed on an external function so the
analysis is unavailable and the assert triggers believing the pass was
never requested in the first place.