[LLVMdev] Building LLVM 2.5 on CENTOS 5.3

Christian Sayer Christian.Sayer at dibcom.fr
Wed Apr 29 00:33:20 PDT 2009

Hello Sarah,
just to give you a hint of something that might happen:
I am in the same situation on suse linux with gcc 4.1 as the system's compiler,
so I built 4.3 as an alternative from sources. Everything went well for
quite a long time, but eventually my program would crash at runtime
on something as simple as passing a std::string by value or reference.
It turned out that I had to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make it load
libstdc++.so of the 4.3 installation. The nasty thing is that this seems to
cause problems very rarely.
Just in case you notice that your application runs fine in the virtual machine
but not anymore once rolled out...

Regards,
Christian

 --
  Christian SAYER

--

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation. Thank you.