[LLVMdev] Calling-convention lowering proposal

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Apr 24 11:49:43 PDT 2009

Hi, Dan

> The goal of the patch is to eliminate a bunch of awkward code,
> eliminate some unnecessary differences between targets, and to
> facilitate future refactoring and feature work.
I quickly looked over the patch and it seems to be a significant
cleanup of all really ugly lowering code!

Maybe it will be possible to provide some dummy implementation of
LowerFormalArguments / LowerReturn (pass everything on stack, etc), so
one willing to add new backend won't need to implement such complex
piece of code as a first step?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov