[LLVMdev] [JIT] JIT trace tree works

Kasra kasra_n500 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 12:03:59 PDT 2009

>Only compile to LLVM IR the pieces of the code that are hot.  Cold
>pieces just run through the interpreter.  Falling off the trace tree
>returns to the interpreter.  Chaining of traces can be done by having
>traces end with indirect tail calls.

Sounds like a plan. I don't suppose anyone is working on this, righ?
I thought we could have a flag in the LLVM IR that could indicate to
the JIT compiler which parts of the code is hot and which parts is cold.
Then when we are JITing the from the compiled IR we do your suggestion
to the code.

Does that make any sence??

-- Kasra