[LLVMdev] mingw build problems

Jay Foad jay.foad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:27:06 PDT 2009

>> but I don't understand what they are for. Do they let lli execute
>> programs in which the compiler has hard-coded calls to __eprintf? Does
>> that mean that __eprintf ought to be found in libgcc?
> Yes. And I believe it was there, at least for "official mingw gcc",
> which is 3.4.5. Could you please investigate why you don't have this
> in your libgcc? Is it gcc v3 vs v4 issue?

Debian's mingw32 libgcc.a doesn't have __eprintf in either of these versions:

3.4.5.20060117.1.dfsg-2
4.2.1.dfsg-1

These were the only versions I could find.

The official mingw32 libgcc.a does have __eprintf, in both of these versions:

gcc-3.4.5-20060117-3
gcc-4.3.0-20080502-mingw32-alpha

Thanks,
Jay.