[LLVMdev] problems with dwarf/gdb

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Tue Apr 14 18:02:17 PDT 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 4:19 PMPDT, Ken McMillan wrote:

> Argiris Kirtzidis wrote:

>> Try
>> llc -disable-fp-elim gdb1.bc
>>

> Thanks, I would never have guessed that :-).
>
> Are there any other optimizations that are harmful to
> debug info that I should know about?

Lots of them.  Partly this is because the job of most optimizations is
to change the code from something that corresponds fairly closely to
the source, to something that doesn't; good, or even usable, debug
info with optimization is an active research area.  And partly it's
because we haven't done a lot of work on it yet in llvm.

But I don't think anything else run by default makes life as difficult
as fp elimination.