[LLVMdev] Advice

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Apr 10 14:28:29 PDT 2009

Hi, Neale

> ...). Would creating a class for each of these instruction formats
> be the
> best way to structure things?
Yes. The basic idea is to encode everything, which are not operands of
instructions into the separate fields and emit subclass for each more-
or-less proper defined 'flavour' of instructions (e.g. those accepting
i32 imm, pure reg/reg instrs, etc).

> I'm wondering if any of the currently supported architectures have
> formats
> as "bizarre" as System z which I can use as a reference.
Yes, for example... x86 :)

---
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov